Recommended Candle Care
Wood Wick candles create a unique burning experience and a special crackle that adds a warm comfort to the room. Here are some tips on burning your new wood wick candle to have the best burning experience:
- Before burning, make sure your wick is trimmed to between 1/8″ – 3/16″.
- When lighting your candle for the first time, burn until there is an even wax pool across the entire surface of the candle (wait until it touches the sides of the jar). This prevents tunneling, and creates an even burn for the life of the candle.
- For subsequent uses, be sure to snap or cut off the ash or burnt wood along the top edge of the wick and then light as usual.
- Do not to let any debris or ash fall into the candle.
- If you notice the flame height getting too low or too high, it may be necessary to extinguish the candle. Once the wax has cooled, ensure that the wick is free of ash or burnt wood.
- Do not burn candle more than 2-3 hours at one time. And no longer burn the candle if there is only 1/2 an inch of wax remaining.
- Never leave your candle unattended, and make sure your candle burns in a safe location, away from children and pets.
- When not using your candle, store in a cool, dry place, and cover with lid to avoid dust buildup.
All orders are shipped through USPS and costs are calculated by weight at check out. We do offer international shipping, and all shipping is calculated at checkout. Lichen and Limestone is not responsible for delays do to customs, but if you feel an order is taking too long to be fulfilled, please reach out and contact us. If there is ever a discrepancy or shipping overage, we will refund the difference to the customer.
Due to the continued issues with shipping and the changes in International shipping policies, we are currently only shipping to the United States and Canada. Please check back for any updates.
Do we offer wholesale? Do we offer custom candles?
Absolutely! We would love to hear your ideas for custom or wholesale projects (we work with subscription boxes and brick and mortar shops). Please reach out to us through our Contact Page, or email us at email@example.com.
What is your refund policy?
All candle sales are final. We do our best to create descriptions on scent profiles and appearance that accurately depict our products. If you receive a candle and the scent is not what you expected, we can not offer a refund. However, we really want all of our customers to have the best experience possible. If you have any concerns about an order, feel free to contact us. Any order that has been damaged in the mail, please reach out with a photo and we will do our best to replace that order.